Friday, July 29, 2011

Wrapping Up Leadership Academy Week Six


The week ended with a skit winner and one of Mrs. Parker’s good old BBQ’s and slip n’ slide! Thursday was the TCD skit competition! The wining group was Chris, Ije, and Malcolm. Camper Ije said, “I’m so happy that my group won! I worked so hard. At the end of the day we are all winners! The skits were awesome!” This proves that the TCD skills stayed with the campers after the presentations were over. Their skit was about making the decision between studying for a test or going to a party. Counselor Matt said, “The winning story was so realistic, and embodied the TCD skills. I just had to pick it as the winner!”
Friday was the world famous BBQ and Slip n’ slide! Campers were able to relax from the long skit practices and preparations. Camper Tabitha said, “After all that hard work it feels good to relax”. The kids were so eager to eat and go on the slip n’ slide! Camper Lazaro said, “I haven’t gone on a slip n’ slide since I was 10! I probably went on the slide at least 5 times”. The day concluded with an afternoon community and discussion about the skits and the winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment